To all parents and carers
We have reviewed the guidance set out by Central Government last week and the further guidance that has been made available to us over the last 5 days. We can confirm we will re-open Kinder Castle on Monday June 1st with the following guidelines in place.
- We will undertake a thorough and deep clean of the Nursery on Saturday May 30th. This will be conducted by the contracted cleaners that we employ.
- On Sunday May 31st we will be sanitising the Nursery with a system that is called fogging. This is a sanitation method used by the NHS which covers every surface within the Nursery. The fog leaves behind a resin which stays on all surfaces for a minimum of 14 days up to a maximum of 28 days. We will repeat this process every 14 days. The resin left behind kills bacteria and virus including coronavirus and SARS-COV2 which leads to the illness Covid-19.
- We will be using only one cleaning product throughout the Nursery which is a daily sanitiser of the fog to ensure no corner is left untouched. This product re-enforces the work the fog produces. Again a resin is left behind to make our Nursery as safe as we can.
- All staff members will be tested via the home testing kits no later than 5 days before they are due to return to work. Clearly anyone who tests positive will not be able to return to the Nursery for a minimum of 14 days.
- We will test staff temperatures as they arrive for their shift and again at 3pm the same day. We will record all temperatures in a written format for our records. Any member of staff who records a spike in temperature will be asked to isolate for 7 days and we shall inform all parents of children who have been in the Nursery over the preceding 7 days, immediately.
- We have a large supply of PPE already in place which includes masks, aprons and gloves. We are also making scrubs as a further precaution that the staff will use throughout this period of time. This will ensure that staff are not wearing clothes within the Nursery that they travel to and from work in and hopefully be a softer approach for all the children.
- No parents will be allowed in the Nursery. We will ask you to drop your child off at the door and collect at the door. We will use tape outside and ask you to queue 2 metres apart at these time.
- If a child falls ill and shows symptoms of Covid we will take them to an isolated place, using PPE, and ask they be collected immediately. Again, we will inform all parents who’s children have been at Nursery the preceding 7 days. If you, your child or any person in the household shows symptoms of Covid, please inform us immediately and do not return to Nursery for a minimum of 14 days.
- A strict hygiene policy will be operated throughout the day and we propose the Happy Birthday song so that children are aware how long we wash for.
- Children will spend as much time as possible, within their base room out of doors and all children will remain in their base room for sleeping, eating and indoor routines.
We have decided to restrict the number of children coming back to Nursery on June 1st. We ask that any children or parents who have underlying health conditions, do not return to Nursery at this time.
In terms of numbers and children returning all we can do is adhere to Central Governments guidelines. With that in mind we will prioritise the children of parents who are key workers first and then those who cannot work from home. Please be patient with us, this is such a difficult decision for us so we will do the best we can to accommodate all of those who need Kinder Castle for their children.
Following is the number of children we will take into each room:
Elves Enchantment 3 children per day
Pixies Parlour 4 children per day
Knights Kingdom 4 children per day
Camelot 10 children per day
Merlin 10 children per day
We will review this on an on-going basis and we will try as much as we can to accommodate those of you that need us. We will endeavour to send to you, on a weekly basis, any morning or afternoon slots, that may be available on ad hoc basis once we know numbers and days required.
Fees will not be charged unless you return to nursery. If you return on your normal days then we will ask you to reinstate your direct debit. If you are reducing your days at present you will be charged at the days you attend and invoiced for these.
Please do not hesitate to call with myself of Lucy, if you would like to discuss this plan with us at any point.
Rachel Campbell Lucy Craig
07557 514534 07808 709766